As we know, literature is the reflection of contemporary society. Thus it relfects the ideas, morals, culture, beliefs, developments, incidents, tragedies etc of a society. According to Bacon History makes us wise. History is nothing but literature. Hence we can say that literature makes us wise.
- Literature helps us know about the past societies, their cultures, beliefs and how did they live their lives.
- It tells us how different countries, religions, societies etc came into existence.
- It exposes the corruption, problems, issues in the society. Note that leftsists had to hide themselves after writing against the government. Later it a big revolution took place just because of literature
- Literature teaches us the art of living a better life.
- Literature makes the man creative, rational and logical.
- It helps in the creation of innovative ideas.
- It helps us to see the society in a different way.
- It helps us communicate, converse and express our ideas in a better way.
- It helps us build our personality.
- It is what takes us out of ignorance.
Please login or Register to submit your answer